“The richest salmon source of omega 3s ”
New Zealand’s King salmon has a wealth of nutritional benefits:
- It contains high protein and very low sodium levels.
- King salmon has the highest natural oil content of all salmon – and offers a rich source of healthy Omega-3.
- King salmon is also an excellent source of phosphorous, selenium, niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D.
The high mineral and vitamin levels in New Zealand King salmon also provide an array of nutritional benefits, making King salmon a serious super food.
- Vitamin B6 – assists with strengthening the immune system
- Vitamin B12 – Helps to maintain a healthy nervous system
- Selenium – Essential to good health, important for the functioning of the immune system and assisting in the prevention of cancer & heart disease
- Phosphorus – Essential for building healthy bones
- Niacin – Essential in producing energy from the body’s blood sugar.
Source: The Concise New Zealand Food Composition Tables